The leak I suspected on the hydraulic pump was confirmed so I gave it to my usual mechanic with a seal kit. Inside, the pump was ugly! The pump body was so damaged that we replaced it.
This intervention on the pump was the occasion to paint it in black and do the same with the regulator and main sphere.
I start by removing everything
Once overhauled, I prepare the pump for paint with also the regulator and sphere
This is my usual polyurethane paint and once again after shooting the paint I’m not happy with the result but when dry the paint is really nice
The regulator goes back into place…
… same thing for the pump
The engine compartment now looks very nice, the pump doesn’t leak anymore, I’m happy